Monday, January 27, 2014

January is almost gone...

So, I started off the year very strong. Reading a lot of books and blogging about a couple, but finals came (early because of the altered school year) and then, WHAM- semester two started.  I found myself with much less time to be reading and blogging.  I will try to pick out a new book for review very soon and hopefully I'll have a new one up before the end of next week.  I don't even know if anyone reads this blog, but I like to pretend that people read it and would be sad if I didn't put reviews up like I said I would. I'm a bit of a fantasist in case you couldn't tell.

The other area of my work, taking up so much of my time, is the ordering of new books.  Yes, I went on a buying binge after Christmas break.  And now that I've put all of my orders into various publishing companies and vendors, I'm afraid.  I'm afraid that they will all show up at the same time, on the same day and demand to be catalogued.  I may not be worried about the "slow time" in the library for a while.  I did get one order in and cataloged last week, but that was an order I made at the end of December.  I've made several orders since and they haven't appeared yet.

If you are a student at WCS, some of the new books are on display at the front entrance.  As the new books arrive and I've catalogued them, they will also start to appear on the display at the front.  Please stop by and have a look at the new titles.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment